The WoW Challenges Podcast keeps the World of Warcraft Community up to date with news and information covering all Challenges: Iron, Blood Thirsty, Pacifist, Tin, Green and Teams! The podcast records live on Saturday nights at 7pm Eastern at Twitch.tv/WoWChallenges. Questions can be directed to us at email@example.com.
This year’s Harvest Festival will be running from September 10th through September 17th.
The Harvest Festival event has one quest that leads you to honor a specific hero based on your faction. Those who are part of the Alliance will be sent to the tomb of Uther Lightbringer in Western Plaguelands. If you are part of the Horde you will be sent to the tomb of Grom Hellscream in Ashenvale. A few days after completing the quest an item called Bounty of the Harvest will show up in your mailbox.
This event is a great opportunity to grab some nice food and is accessible without needing to complete the quest. Harvest Bread, Harvest Fish, and Harvest Boar will restore 4% of your health per second for 25 seconds. Harvest Nectar will restore 4% of your mana per second for 30 seconds. You will be able to carry a max stack of 20 of these items.
This quest will be allowed for Iron, Tin, Working Man, Green Man, Pacifist, Iron Team, and Green Team challengers. Sorry Blood Thirsty and Blood Thirsty Team challengers while you can not complete the quest you are allowed to restock your food supply.
For a more in-depth look at the event please refer to WoWHead’s guide.
News – Still Waiting for Info About the Classic API
– DMF Week
– Harvest Festival Starts Sept. 10th
– BlizzCon Virtual Ticket Launches Next Month
– Spreadshirt Issue
– New Website Discussion Iron Elite Heads UP
– DDOS Attacks
Congratulations to Imposter, our 10th BfA Iron Champion. Imposter is Ster’s second Iron challenger to reach max level this expansion. This feat took him roughly 73 days (2 and half months) to accomplish with a /played time of 14 days proving that while it may not be an easy task to get a melee class to max level post Patch 8.2 it can be done!
When asked to describe his leveling experience with this Outlaw Rogue Ster had this to say, “The starting zone up through level 20 is pretty easy. By the mid 20’s through the 40’s it’s a regular grind and quest chasing phase. However, the 50’s for some reason is just plain old tedious and slow to advance. You’ll feel like a Blood Thirsty in the 50’s, just mindless NPC kills to advance. Once you reach 60 though, it is zoom time! The 60’s and 70’s whiz by. You can skip Outlands if you want, though I used Outlands for discovery XP. WinterSpring and Zangarmarsh are extremely treasure chest generous, with WS chests paying full XP up thru level 90. (Naturally, stealth and crowd control helps a lot.) The WoD (Garrison) and MoP areas are not too bad, took advantage of dailies and hunting out treasure chests. BfA is a rough zone, you just have to understand your limits and either chest hunt or kill lots of lessor mobs to advance. BTW – I don’t have flight capability in WoD or BfA – not needed, especially if you have an ability like grappling hook to reach tall areas.”
Ster created a leveling guide for this rogue, though some may consider it akin to a zone leveling journal. It will give you an idea of the paths he took, his strategies, and areas to avoid. That guide can be found here or on our forums.
As for what’s next for Ster he had this to say, “Probably a druid, certainly play with Classic for a little while. I see Classic as a cute distraction but will get back to regular in short order.”
Once again congratulations to Ster on reaching max level with Imposter!
This week we are joined by Fiveiron! He brings his love of numbers and stats along with him, including this quest stat chart available on our forums.
News – WoW Classic is LIVE!!!
– Guilds on both Horde & Alliance have been created on US RP Bloodsail Buccaneers and Alliance EU RP Hydraxian Waterlords.
– Basic Classic Iron Man rules are on the site but subject to change based on API access.
– New Gear Store is now up!
– DMF is back on the in-game calendar.
This week we celebrate our 4th anniversary with help from some of our challenge family!
News – Power Word: Classic Contest Grand Prize Winner Announced
– Power Word: Classic Contest Pet Drawing Winners Announced
– World of Warcraft Classic More Names & More Servers Announced
– More Challenge Guild & Discord Information for Classic
– Leeta was on Ep. 50 of the Whispers of War Podcast
– Leeta was also on Ep. 334 of the Azeroth Round Table Podcast
News – WoW Classic Going Live Soon
– Contest Power Word: Classic has begun! This is a Priest contest and it will be running until 7 pm eastern August 24th. First place prize up for grabs is a 2019 BlizzCon Virtual Ticket! We’d love to follow your contest progress as well so don’t forget to use #WoWChallenges on Twitter! You can find more contest details here.