The WoW Challenges Podcast keeps the World of Warcraft Community up to date with news and information covering all Challenges: Iron, Blood Thirsty, Pacifist, Tin, Green and Teams! The podcast records live on Saturday nights at 7pm Eastern at Twitch.tv/WoWChallenges. Questions can be directed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week we are joined by Stone, Ster, Xortz, and KhrysW!
– Our Winter’s Veil Helpers Contest Winner is Eexecute with his monk Bluecollar.
– The winners of the pet drawing are Coolingmist and Kneehigh.
– Winter Veil starts on Monday, Dec. 16th and runs until Jan. 2nd.
– Stone & Ster talk incoming API changes along with upcoming changes to the website.
– Leeta had the honor of participating in a video celebrating WoW’s 15th Anniversary! Happy Birthday WoW! It’s been a great 15 years. Here’s to many many more!
Congratulations to Imposter, our 10th BfA Iron Champion. Imposter is Ster’s second Iron challenger to reach max level this expansion. This feat took him roughly 73 days (2 and half months) to accomplish with a /played time of 14 days proving that while it may not be an easy task to get a melee class to max level post Patch 8.2 it can be done!
When asked to describe his leveling experience with this Outlaw Rogue Ster had this to say, “The starting zone up through level 20 is pretty easy. By the mid 20’s through the 40’s it’s a regular grind and quest chasing phase. However, the 50’s for some reason is just plain old tedious and slow to advance. You’ll feel like a Blood Thirsty in the 50’s, just mindless NPC kills to advance. Once you reach 60 though, it is zoom time! The 60’s and 70’s whiz by. You can skip Outlands if you want, though I used Outlands for discovery XP. WinterSpring and Zangarmarsh are extremely treasure chest generous, with WS chests paying full XP up thru level 90. (Naturally, stealth and crowd control helps a lot.) The WoD (Garrison) and MoP areas are not too bad, took advantage of dailies and hunting out treasure chests. BfA is a rough zone, you just have to understand your limits and either chest hunt or kill lots of lessor mobs to advance. BTW – I don’t have flight capability in WoD or BfA – not needed, especially if you have an ability like grappling hook to reach tall areas.”
Ster created a leveling guide for this rogue, though some may consider it akin to a zone leveling journal. It will give you an idea of the paths he took, his strategies, and areas to avoid. That guide can be found here or on our forums.
As for what’s next for Ster he had this to say, “Probably a druid, certainly play with Classic for a little while. I see Classic as a cute distraction but will get back to regular in short order.”
Once again congratulations to Ster on reaching max level with Imposter!
This week we celebrate our 4th anniversary with help from some of our challenge family!
News – Power Word: Classic Contest Grand Prize Winner Announced
– Power Word: Classic Contest Pet Drawing Winners Announced
– World of Warcraft Classic More Names & More Servers Announced
– More Challenge Guild & Discord Information for Classic
– Leeta was on Ep. 50 of the Whispers of War Podcast
– Leeta was also on Ep. 334 of the Azeroth Round Table Podcast