Pilgrim’s Bounty started yesterday, November 23rd 2015 and will run up to and including November 30 2015. My main point of reference here is the WoWHead.com guide. It appears that nothing new was added to this event… either that or it has been drowned out by the glut of Legion alpha information. I’ve reviewed the WoWHead guide and will comment on what is or is not allowed for Challengers during this event.
Bountiful Tables: These are found at all major cities and towns with inns. Eating here is ALLOWED, however, please note that eating the same meal 5 times will give you a buff that is not allowed:
- The Pilgrim’s Hat, Attire, Dress, Robe and Boots are all okay to be worn. They are white-quality equipped items.
- The Rare-quality (blue) Fine Pilgrim’s Hat is ALLOWED. It offers no stats or buffs and is purely cosmetic. I’ve already made an exception in the code for this item.
Battle Pets: You can win the following two battle pets (but again, cannot use them within the confines of the challenge).
- Frightened Bush Chicken can be found in the daily Pilgrim’s Bounty quest reward.
- Plump Turkey is rewarded from completing the Pilgrim achievement (not possible for Challengers to do).
Pilgrim Achievement: Currently this achievement is not possible to complete for Challengers since some of the requirements would break our challenge rules.
- Irons / Blood Thirsty: Cannot get the Now We’re Cookin’ achievement since cooking is not allowed.
- Pacifists: Cannot get the Terokkar Turkey Time achievement as killing is required.
Daily Quests: There are two sets of quests… ones that require cooking and others that let you either cook or BUY the necessary quest items. Pacifists are allowed to complete both sets of quests since cooking is allowed for them, however, Irons are only allowed to complete the quests where you can buy the items.
Completing the dailies will give you a Pilgrim’s Bounty reward which you can find the Frightened Bush Chicken or the Silver-Plated Turkey Shooter toy. This item sells for 10 gold! You can also keep this since it’s a toy and does not provide any in-game assistance.
Food Recipes: Pacifists can learn five new cooking recipes: Spice Bread Stuffing (1), Pumpkin Pie (100), Cranberry Chutney (160), Candied Sweet Potato (220), Slow-Roasted Turkey (280). All of these items provide buffs. You can EAT the food, however, you must right-click the buff OFF.