Effective immediately ALL ELIXIRS are NOT ALLOWED (yes, even quest ones).
Patch 7.3.5 will be released this Tuesday. Please ensure you unequip all gear when logging out before the patch as some gear can be converted to uncommon+ and flag your character.
Flags will not be reversed.
MisterRogers is LIVE on Twitch streaming Fred Rogersâ€™ 90th Birthday Marathon (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood)
Blood Thirsty Challenge Rules
Kill your way up to max-level. Significant differences from the Iron Man are:
- Only minimal questing allowed.
- Green gear is allowed.
Have a question about the rules? Check out our FAQ.
- Do Not Die! - the most important rule of the challenge. Break this rule and your character
will get moved to the Honoured Dead section.
Minimal Quests Completed - You are allowed to complete only 4 quests before becoming flagged.
- Death Knights, Demon Hunters, Goblins, Worgen, and Pandaren are all allowed to complete their introductory quests. Please see the list allowed link below.
- Some quests are allowed to open up the Mists of Pandaria and Legion expansions. Please see the list allowed link below.
- We are also looking at the number of dailies your character completes. These will count against your quest cap if your Blood Thirsty challenger completes them.
- Yellow flag is given for 5 to 9 quests completed.
- Red flag for 10+ quests completed.
- A list of allowed quests can be found HERE.
Characters created before Sep 28 2017 will continue to use the old quest rules:
Minimal Quests Completed - You are allowed to complete only 210 quests before becoming flagged.
- Yellow flag is given for up to 231 of quests allowed threshold.
- Red flag for 232+ quests completed.
- All Blood Thirsty challengers are allowed to equip Green, White or Grey gear. Break this
rule and you will be red-flagged.
- No enchantments on your gear (DK Rune Empowerment is an exception as it is a class skill). Break this rule and you will be red-flagged.
- NEW!!! Blue+ Tabards and Shirts will now get you RED FLAGGED.
Tabards and shirts are no longer ignored.
- No Talents allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- Skills you have from your class (like Warlock Healthstones or Death Knight weapon enchants) ARE ALLOWED since
these are available to your class without having to pick a talent, spec or glyph.
- Spec changes are allowed.
- Glyphs are allowed as they are now visual / cosmetic effects.
- No Primary Professions allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Secondary Professions allowed EXCEPT FIRST AID. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- No Potions or Flasks used. We also check for Healthstones used if you are not a Warlock. Break this rule and
your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Elixirs (except those that count as elixirs for quests). Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- PLEASE NOTE: Quests that require Elixir use (like Drakuru's Elixir) allow for only ONE USE of the elixir per quest. Extra uses of the Elixir will RED FLAG you.
- Your Killing Blow / Total Kills percentage must be 75% or higher. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- Kills that grant Experience or Honor must be past a certain threshold: 10 kills / Level up until Level 10 and then
(Level * 0.3) + Floor(Level / 20) for Level 11+... cumulative. For a level 10 character this means you need 100 kills.
For a level 30 234 kills in total and for max level 1803.5.
- Cannot join a party, raid or group with the intent of getting help to further yourself in the challenge.
- This means you CANNOT send yourself gold, bags, gear, whatever to assist in the challenge.
- No dungeons, raids, arenas, or battlegrounds allowed.
- Joining a guild is OKAY, however, you cannot use Guild Repairs or the guild bank to assist your character in any way.
- Leveling via Pet Battles is not allowed.
- Cannot boost your character.
- No food buffs or other external buffs are allowed. Class abilities, racials and personal buffs (eg. Kings if you're a Paladin) are okay!
- No Refer-a-Friend or other XP-boosting activites, gear or buffs (Darkmoon Faire, Heirlooms, Garrison potion, etc). Yes, this includes Monk's XP buff: not allowed.
- All Mounts (including Heirloom, Water-walking and Repair) and Account-wide abilities (Toys) are allowed.
- Draenor Specific Rules
- PLEASE NOTE: Blood Thirsty challengers are unable to complete the garrison unlocking chain, so while many
of these rules would be allowed, you will not have access to them (like Follower missions, Mining, etc).
- Flying in Draenor: Allowed.
- All Follower Missions: Allowed. (Yes, even the XP ones)
- Mining and Herb Garden use in the Garrison is allowed. Use at your own risk.
- Buildings: All Allowed EXCEPT for:
- Barracks Level 2 or higher: NOT ALLOWED (no Bodyguards)
- Shipyard: Allowed
- Garrison Outposts / Zone-Wide Perks:
- Gorgrond: Allowed.
- Talador: Allowed.
- Spires of Arak: Brewery NOT ALLOWED due to passive XP bonus. Smuggling Run is allowed
- Nagrand: Allowed.
- Legion Specific Rules
- Artifact Weapon is not white or grey: NOT ALLOWED.
- Flying in Legion: Allowed.
- Legion Intro Skipping: Allowed.
- Using Champions as bodyguards: NOT Allowed.
- Using Class Order Hall "Upgrades": NOT Allowed.
© 2018 James Young @ WoW Challenges. Not affiliated with Blizzard.
Iron Man concept by Ironbraids & wowironman.com site by David Cassagrande.