Blood Thirsty Challenge Rules
Kill your way up to max-level. Significant differences from the Iron Man are:
- Only minimal questing allowed.
- Green gear is allowed.
Have a question about the rules? Check out our FAQ.
- Do Not Die! - the most important rule of the challenge. Break this rule and your character
will get moved to the Honoured Dead section.
Minimal Quests Completed - You are allowed to complete only 150 quests before becoming flagged.
- Yellow flag is given for up to 165 of quests allowed threshold.
- Red flag for 166+ quests completed.
- All Blood Thirsty challengers are allowed to equip Green, White or Grey gear. Break this
rule and you will be red-flagged.
- No enchantments on your gear (DK Rune Empowerment is an exception as it is a class skill). Break this rule and you will be red-flagged.
- All Shirts are allowed.
- All Tabards are allowed.
- No Talents allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- Skills you have from your class (like Warlock Healthstones or Death Knight weapon enchants) ARE ALLOWED since
these are available to your class without having to pick a talent, spec or glyph.
- Spec changes are allowed.
- Glyphs are allowed as they are now visual / cosmetic effects.
- No Primary Professions allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Secondary Professions allowed EXCEPT FIRST AID. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- No Potions or Flasks used. We also check for Healthstones used if you are not a Warlock. Break this rule and
your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Elixirs (except those that count as elixirs for quests). Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- PLEASE NOTE: Quests that require Elixir use (like Drakuru's Elixir) allow for only ONE USE of the elixir per quest. Extra uses of the Elixir will RED FLAG you.
- Your Killing Blow / Total Kills percentage must be 75% or higher. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- Kills that grant Experience or Honor must be past a certain threshold: 10 kills / Level up until Level 10 and then
(Level * 0.3) + Floor(Level / 20) for Level 11+... cumulative. For a level 10 character this means you need 100 kills.
For a level 30 234 kills in total and for max level 1803.5.
- Cannot join a party, raid or group with the intent of getting help to further yourself in the challenge.
- No Vanilla, TBC or Cataclysm dungeons or raids completed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Wrath, Pandaria, Warlords or Legion dungeon or raid bosses killed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Battlegrounds or Arenas allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- Joining a guild is OKAY, however, you cannot use Guild Repairs or the guild bank to assist your character in any way.
- Leveling via Pet Battles is not allowed.
- Cannot boost your character.
- No food buffs or other external buffs are allowed. Class abilities, racials and personal buffs (eg. Kings if you're a Paladin) are okay!
- No Refer-a-Friend or other XP-boosting activites, gear or buffs (Darkmoon Faire, Heirlooms, Garrison potion, etc). Yes, this includes Monk's XP buff: not allowed.
- All Mounts (including Heirloom, Water-walking and Repair) and Account-wide abilities (Toys) are allowed.
- Draenor Specific Rules
- Flying in Draenor: Allowed.
- All Follower Missions: Allowed. (Yes, even the XP ones)
- Mining and Herb Garden use in the Garrison is allowed. Use at your own risk.
- Buildings: All Allowed EXCEPT for:
- Barracks Level 2 or higher: NOT ALLOWED (no Bodyguards)
- Shipyard: Allowed
- Garrison Outposts / Zone-Wide Perks:
- Gorgrond: Allowed.
- Talador: Allowed.
- Spires of Arak: Brewery NOT ALLOWED due to passive XP bonus. Smuggling Run is allowed
- Nagrand: Allowed.
- Legion Specific Rules
- Flying in Legion: Allowed.
- Legion Intro Skipping: Allowed.
- Using Champions as bodyguards: NOT Allowed.
- Using Class Order Hall "Upgrades": NOT Allowed.
© 2017 James Young @ WoW Challenges. Not affiliated with Blizzard.
Iron Man concept by Ironbraids & wowironman.com site by David Cassagrande.