Iron Team Challenge Rules
We know you’ve wanted to play with your friends, now you can. Traditionally, the Iron Challenge is a solo World of Warcraft challenge, however, we know a lot of you wanted to run with your
friends. While you won’t be able to list your character for the regular Iron Challenge, you can add your character to a team you or your friend create, following the rest of the traditional
Iron Challenge rules.
Have a question about the rules? Check out our Iron Teams FAQ.
- Do Not Die! – the most important rule of the challenge. Once one character dies
the entire team is moved to the Honoured Dead section.
- All characters on a new team must be between Levels 10 and 20.
- Teams are ‘locked in’ after Level 20. Changing personnel before Level 20, could potentially red-flag the team: ie. Warlock in the team, healthstone used but then warlock removed
before Level 20. Since Warlock is no longer in the team, the healthstone use is no longer allowed.
- Teams can consist of a party from 2 – 5 players.
- Converting a party to a raid group: NOT ALLOWED.
- Due to the listing/level restrictions on the challenge, Death Knights and Demon Hunters are excluded.
- The challenge is complete once ALL team members reach Max Level.
- No gear higher than White quality (INCLUDING shirts & tabards).
- No enchantments on your gear (DK Rune Empowerment is an exception as it is a class skill).
- We no longer allow exceptions for Shirts & Tabards. Any green+ equip will flag you.
- NO COSMETIC EXCEPTIONS! We are NOT allowing
any green/blue/purple cosmetic gear exceptions.
- Talents are ALLOWED.
- Talent point resets allowed.
- Spec changes are ALLOWED.
- No Primary Professions allowed.
- No Secondary Professions allowed.
- No Potions or Flasks used. We also check for Healthstones used if you do not have a Warlock on your team.
- EXCEPTION:: You are allowed to use healthstones only if you currently have a warlock on your team.
- No Elixirs! YES, Even Quest Ones. NO EXCEPTIONS! FLAGS WILL NOT BE REVERSED!
- Your team’s Killing Blow / Total Kills percentage must be 75% or higher.
- Individual characters must remain within 10% of the highest Total Kills value on the team.
- Honestly, kill tracking is not issue if you are grouped up together and leveling AS A TEAM. If you are following the rules, you won’t need to worry about this particular rule.
- No raids, arenas, or battlegrounds allowed.
- Dungeons are OK! (please see the FAQ)
- Joining a guild is OKAY, however, you cannot use Guild Repairs or the guild bank to assist your team in any way.
- Leveling via Pet Battles is NOT ALLOWED.
- Cannot boost any character on your team.
- No food buffs or other external buffs are allowed.
- Class abilities, racials, personal and TEAM buffs (eg. Kings if you’re a Paladin) are okay!
- No Refer-a-Friend or other XP-boosting activites, gear or buffs (Darkmoon Faire, Heirlooms, Garrison potion, etc). Yes, this includes Monk’s XP buff: NOT ALLOWED.
- All Mounts (including Heirloom and Mount Equipment) and Account-wide abilities (Toys) are ALLOWED.
- Draenor Specific Rules
- Flying in Draenor: ALLOWED.
- All Follower Missions: ALLOWED. (Yes, even the XP ones)
- Mining and Herb Garden use in the Garrison is ALLOWED. Use at your own risk.
- Buildings: All Allowed EXCEPT for:
- Barracks Level 2 or higher: NOT ALLOWED (no Bodyguards)
- Shipyard: ALLOWED.
- Garrison Outposts / Zone-Wide Perks:
- Frostfire / Shadowmoon: ALLOWED.
- Gorgrond: ALLOWED.
- Talador: ALLOWED.
- Spires of Arak: Brewery NOT ALLOWED due to passive XP bonus. Smuggling Run is ALLOWED.
- Nagrand: ALLOWED.
- Legion Specific Rules
- Artifact Weapons are NOT ALLOWED.
This falls under the gear quality rule.
- Flying in Legion: ALLOWED.
- Legion Intro Skipping: ALLOWED.
- Using Champions as bodyguards: NOT ALLOWED.
- Using Class Order Hall “Upgrades”: NOT ALLOWED.
- Battle for Azeroth Specific Rules
- Heart of Azeroth: NOT ALLOWED. (Completing quest auto-equips Heart and will red-flag you)
- War Mode: ALLOWED. A death via PvP still counts as a death.
- War Mode PvP TALENTS: NOT ALLOWED.
- First Aid bandages are allowed to be purchased from the Auction House.
- Azerite Armor: NOT ALLOWED.
- Research “Upgrades”: NOT ALLOWED.
- Island Expeditions: NOT ALLOWED.
- Battle for Lordaeron Scenario Skipping: ALLOWED.
- Shadowlands Specific Rules
- Exile’s Reach: NOT ALLOWED.
- Chromie Time: ALLOWED.
- Covenants: ALLOWED.
- Soulbinds and Conduits: NOT ALLOWED.
- Threads of Fate: ALLOWED.
- Torghast: NOT ALLOWED.
- Maw Skip: ALLOWED.
- Dragonflight Specific Rules