Tin Man Challenge Rules
This is a variant of the Iron Man that allows you to get your feet wet before trying Iron Man. Significant differences from the Iron Man are:
- Deaths are allowed (They’re used for sorting purposes).
- Talents are allowed.
- Potion use is allowed.
- Food Buffs are allowed.
Have a question about the rules? Check out our FAQ.
- Deaths – If you die, it’s not great but it doesn’t mean the challenge is over.
Characters of the same level will be ranked by deaths (least amount of deaths higher).
- To LIST your character, you must be green-flagged as per the Tin Challenge Rules and abide by these restrictions.
- If you have never died, your character must be between Level 10 – 30 and not be listed for the Iron Challenge.
- If you have died, your character can be any level (Dead Irons can join the Tin list).
- No gear higher than White quality. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No enchantments on your gear (DK Rune Empowerment is an exception as it is a class skill).
Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- NEW!!! Green+ Tabards and Shirts will now get you RED FLAGGED.
Tabards and shirts are no longer ignored. We understand Worgen Hunters, Rogues and Warriors have a green Gilnean shirt auto-equipped at character creation. These are okay. DO NOT
remove the shirt if you have specifically rolled this race-class or you will be flagged.
- Talents and Specs are ALLOWED.
- No Primary Professions allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Secondary Professions allowed. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- Healing Potions, Mana Potions and Healthstones are ALLOWED.
- No ELIXIRS or Flasks used.
Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Your Killing Blow / Total Kills percentage must be 75% or higher. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- Cannot join a party, raid or group with the intent of getting help to further yourself in the challenge.
- This means you CANNOT send yourself gold, bags, gear, whatever to assist in the challenge.
- No dungeons, raids, arenas, or battlegrounds allowed.
- Joining a guild is OKAY, however, you cannot use Guild Repairs or the guild bank to assist your character in any way.
- Leveling via Pet Battles is not allowed.
- Cannot boost your character.
- Food buffs & External buffs are allowed (except XP buffs – including Monk’s XP buff)
- No Refer-a-Friend or other XP-boosting activites, gear or buffs (Darkmoon Faire, Heirlooms, Garrison potion, etc). Yes, this includes Monk’s XP buff: not allowed.
- All Mounts (including Heirloom, Water-walking and Repair) and Account-wide abilities (Toys) are allowed.
- Draenor Specific Rules
- Flying in Draenor: Allowed.
- All Follower Missions: Allowed. (Yes, even the XP ones)
- Mining and Herb Garden use in the Garrison is allowed. Use at your own risk.
- Buildings: All Allowed EXCEPT for:
- Barracks Level 2 or higher: NOT ALLOWED (no Bodyguards)
- Shipyard: Allowed
- Garrison Outposts / Zone-Wide Perks:
- Frostfire/Shadowmoon: Allowed.
- Gorgrond: Allowed.
- Talador: Allowed.
- Spires of Arak: Brewery NOT ALLOWED due to passive XP bonus. Smuggling Run is allowed
- Nagrand: Allowed.
- Legion Specific Rules
- Artifact Weapon is not white or grey: NOT ALLOWED.
- Flying in Legion: Allowed.
- Legion Intro Skipping: Allowed.
- Using Champions as bodyguards: NOT Allowed.
- Using Class Order Hall “Upgrades”: NOT Allowed.
- Battle for Azeroth Specific Rules
- Heart of Azeroth: NOT ALLOWED. (Completing quest auto-equips Heart and will red-flag you)
- War Mode: ALLOWED. A death via PvP still counts as a death.
- War Mode PvP TALENTS: ALLOWED.
- First Aid bandages are allowed to be purchased from the Auction House.
- Azerite Armor: NOT ALLOWED.
- Research “Upgrades”: NOT ALLOWED.
- Island Expeditions: NOT ALLOWED.
- Battle for Lordaeron Scenario Skipping: Allowed.