Tin Man Challenge Rules
This is a variant of the Iron Man that allows you to get your feet wet before trying Iron Man. Significant differences from the Iron Man are:
- Deaths are allowed (They’re used for sorting purposes).
- Talents are allowed.
- Potion use is allowed.
- Food Buffs are allowed.
Have a question about the rules? Check out our FAQ.
- Deaths – If you die, it’s not great but it doesn’t mean the challenge is over.
Characters of the same level will be ranked by deaths (least amount of deaths higher).
- To LIST your character, you must be green-flagged as per the Tin Challenge Rules and abide by these restrictions.
- If you have never died, your character must be between Level 10 – 30 and not be listed for the Iron Challenge.
- If you have died, your character can be any level (Dead Irons can join the Tin list).
- No gear higher than White quality. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No enchantments on your gear (DK Rune Empowerment is an exception as it is a class skill).
Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- NEW!!! Green+ Tabards and Shirts will now get you RED FLAGGED.
Tabards and shirts are no longer ignored. We understand Worgen Hunters, Rogues and Warriors have a green Gilnean shirt auto-equipped at character creation. These are okay. DO NOT
remove the shirt if you have specifically rolled this race-class or you will be flagged.
- Talents and Specs are ALLOWED.
- No Primary Professions allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Secondary Professions allowed. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- Healing Potions, Mana Potions and Healthstones are ALLOWED.
- No ELIXIRS or Flasks used.
Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Your Killing Blow / Total Kills percentage must be 75% or higher. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- Keep in mind that while questing and killing mobs in zones that you used to out-level, those kills do not grant experience and therefore do not get added to your toons experience kill count (Blizzard API has not corrected this since Patch 7.3.5 came out). This means you can potentially flag yourself. The best way to keep your toon green flagged is to keep questing/leveling/killing mobs through zones that used to be appropriate to your level pre-7.3.5.
- Cannot join a party, raid or group with the intent of getting help to further yourself in the challenge.
- This means you CANNOT send yourself gold, bags, gear, whatever to assist in the challenge.
- No dungeons, raids, arenas, or battlegrounds allowed.
- Joining a guild is OKAY, however, you cannot use Guild Repairs or the guild bank to assist your character in any way.
- Leveling via Pet Battles is not allowed.
- Cannot boost your character.
- Food buffs & External buffs are allowed (except XP buffs – including Monk’s XP buff)
- No Refer-a-Friend or other XP-boosting activites, gear or buffs (Darkmoon Faire, Heirlooms, Garrison potion, etc). Yes, this includes Monk’s XP buff: not allowed.
- All Mounts (including Heirloom, Water-walking and Repair) and Account-wide abilities (Toys) are allowed.
- Draenor Specific Rules
- Flying in Draenor: Allowed.
- All Follower Missions: Allowed. (Yes, even the XP ones)
- Mining and Herb Garden use in the Garrison is allowed. Use at your own risk.
- Buildings: All Allowed EXCEPT for:
- Barracks Level 2 or higher: NOT ALLOWED (no Bodyguards)
- Shipyard: Allowed
- Garrison Outposts / Zone-Wide Perks:
- Frostfire/Shadowmoon: Allowed.
- Gorgrond: Allowed.
- Talador: Allowed.
- Spires of Arak: Brewery NOT ALLOWED due to passive XP bonus. Smuggling Run is allowed
- Nagrand: Allowed.
- Legion Specific Rules
- Artifact Weapon is not white or grey: NOT ALLOWED.
- Flying in Legion: Allowed.
- Legion Intro Skipping: Allowed.
- Using Champions as bodyguards: NOT Allowed.
- Using Class Order Hall “Upgrades”: NOT Allowed.
- Battle for Azeroth Specific Rules
- Heart of Azeroth: NOT ALLOWED. (Completing quest auto-equips Heart and will red-flag you)
- War Mode: ALLOWED. A death via PvP still counts as a death.
- War Mode PvP TALENTS: ALLOWED.
- First Aid bandages are allowed to be purchased from the Auction House.
- Azerite Armor: NOT ALLOWED.
- Research “Upgrades”: NOT ALLOWED.
- Island Expeditions: NOT ALLOWED.
- Battle for Lordaeron Scenario Skipping: Allowed.