Blood Thirsty Team Challenge Rules
We know you’ve wanted to play with your friends, now you can. Traditionally, the Blood Thirsty Challenge is a solo World of Warcraft challenge, however, we know a lot of you wanted to run with your
friends. While you won’t be able to list your character for the regular Blood Thirsty Challenge, you can add your character to a team you or your friend create, following the rest of the traditional
Blood Thirsty Challenge rules.
Have a question about the rules? Check out our Teams FAQ.
- Do Not Die! – the most important rule of the challenge. Once one character dies
the entire team is moved to the Honoured Dead section.
- All characters on a new team must be between Levels 10 and 20.
- Teams are ‘locked in’ after Level 20. Changing personnel before Level 20, could potentially red-flag the team: ie. Warlock in the team, healthstone used but then warlock removed
before Level 20. Since Warlock is no longer in the team, the healthstone use is no longer allowed.
- Due to the listing/level restrictions on the challenge, Death Knights and Demon Hunters are excluded.
- The challenge is complete once ALL team members reach Max Level.
- Minimal Quests Completed – Individuals on the team are allowed to complete only 4 quests before flagging the entire team.
- Goblins, Worgen, and Pandaren are all allowed to complete their introductory quests. Please see the list allowed link below.
- Some quests are allowed to open up the Mists of Pandaria, Legion and Shadowlands expansions.
- A list of allowed quests can be found HERE.
- Yellow flag is given for 5 to 9 quests completed.
- Red flag for 10+ quests completed.
- No gear higher than White quality. Please be aware this is different from the SOLO Blood Thirsty challenge. Greens are not allowed!
- No enchantments on your gear.
- We no longer allow exceptions for Shirts & Tabards. Any green+ equip will flag you.
- NO COSMETIC EXCEPTIONS! We are NOT allowing
any cosmetic gear exceptions.
- No Talents allowed.
- Spec changes are ALLOWED.
- No Primary Professions allowed.
- No Secondary Professions allowed.
- No Potions or Flasks used. We also check for Healthstones used if you do not have a Warlock on your team.
- EXCEPTION:: You are allowed to use healthstones only if you currently have a warlock on your team.
- No Elixirs! YES, Even Quest Ones. NO EXCEPTIONS! FLAGS WILL NOT BE REVERSED!
- Your team’s Killing Blow / Total Kills percentage must be 75% or higher.
- Individual characters must remain within 10% of the highest Total Kills value on the team.
- Honestly, kill tracking is not issue if you are grouped up together and leveling AS A TEAM. If you are following the rules, you won’t need to worry about this particular rule.
- Keep in mind that while killing mobs in zones that you used to out-level, those kills do not grant experience and therefore do not get added to your toons experience kill count (Blizzard API has not corrected this since Patch 7.3.5 came out). This means you can potentially flag yourself. The best way to keep your toon green flagged is to keep leveling/killing mobs through zones that used to be appropriate to your level pre-7.3.5.
- No raids, arenas, or battlegrounds allowed.
- Dungeons are OK! (please see the FAQ)
- Joining a guild is OKAY, however, you cannot use Guild Repairs or the guild bank to assist your team in any way.
- Leveling via Pet Battles is NOT ALLOWED.
- Cannot boost any character on your team.
- No food buffs or other external buffs are allowed.
- Class abilities, racials, personal and TEAM buffs (eg. Kings if you’re a Paladin) are okay!
- No Refer-a-Friend or other XP-boosting activites, gear or buffs (Darkmoon Faire, Heirlooms, Garrison potion, etc). Yes, this includes Monk’s XP buff: NOT ALLOWED.
- All Mounts (including Heirloom and Mount Equipment) and Account-wide abilities (Toys) are ALLOWED.
- Draenor Specific Rules
- Flying in Draenor: ALLOWED.
- Garrisons: NOT ALLOWED (requires quests to open).
- Zone Outposts: NOT ALLOWED (requires quests to open).
- Legion Specific Rules
- Artifact Weapons are NOT ALLOWED.
This falls under the gear quality rule.
- Flying in Legion: ALLOWED.
- Legion Intro Skipping: ALLOWED.
- Using Champions as bodyguards: NOT ALLOWED.
- Using Class Order Hall “Upgrades”: NOT ALLOWED.
- Battle for Azeroth Specific Rules
- Heart of Azeroth: NOT ALLOWED. (Completing quest auto-equips Heart and will red-flag you)
- War Mode: ALLOWED. A death via PvP still counts as a death.
- War Mode PvP TALENTS: NOT ALLOWED.
- First Aid bandages are allowed to be purchased from the Auction House.
- Azerite Armor: NOT ALLOWED.
- Research “Upgrades”: NOT ALLOWED.
- Island Expeditions: NOT ALLOWED.
- Battle for Lordaeron Scenario Skipping: ALLOWED.
- Shadowlands Specific Rules
- Exile’s Reach: NOT ALLOWED.
- Chromie Time: ALLOWED.
- Covenants: NOT ALLOWED (requires quests to open).
- Soulbinds and Conduits: NOT ALLOWED.
- The Maw / Oribos / Bastion: Questing is ALLOWED until completion of Seek the Ascended. Any quests after that will RED FLAG you.
- The Threads of Fate quest: ALLOWED. (If your toon has access to The Threads of Fate quest then only turn it in and DO NOT take the follow-ups as they will RED FLAG you.)