Blood Thirsty Challenge Rules
Kill your way up to max-level. Significant differences from the Iron Man are:
- Only minimal questing allowed.
- Green gear is allowed.
Have a question about the rules? Check out our FAQ.
- Do Not Die! – the most important rule of the challenge. Break this rule and your character
will get moved to the Honoured Dead section.
Minimal Quests Completed – You are allowed to complete only 4 quests before becoming flagged.
- Death Knights, Demon Hunters, Goblins, Worgen, and Pandaren are all allowed to complete their introductory quests. Please see the list allowed link below.
- Some quests are allowed to open up the Mists of Pandaria and Legion expansions. Please see the list allowed link below.
- We are also looking at the number of dailies your character completes. These will count against your quest cap if your Blood Thirsty challenger completes them.
- Yellow flag is given for 5 to 9 quests completed.
- Red flag for 10+ quests completed.
- A list of allowed quests can be found HERE.
Characters created before Sep 28 2017 will continue to use the old quest rules:
Minimal Quests Completed – You are allowed to complete only 210 quests before becoming flagged.
- Yellow flag is given for up to 231 of quests allowed threshold.
- Red flag for 232+ quests completed.
- All Blood Thirsty challengers are allowed to equip Green, White or Grey gear. Break this
rule and you will be red-flagged.
- No enchantments on your gear (DK Rune Empowerment is an exception as it is a class skill). Break this rule and you will be red-flagged.
- NEW!!! Blue+ Tabards and Shirts will now get you RED FLAGGED.
Tabards and shirts are no longer ignored.
- No Talents allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- Skills you have from your class (like Warlock Healthstones or Death Knight weapon enchants) ARE ALLOWED since
these are available to your class without having to pick a talent, spec or glyph.
- Spec changes are allowed.
- Glyphs are allowed as they are now visual / cosmetic effects.
- No Primary Professions allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Secondary Professions allowed EXCEPT FIRST AID. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- No Potions or Flasks used. We also check for Healthstones used if you are not a Warlock. Break this rule and
your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Elixirs (except those that count as elixirs for quests). Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- PLEASE NOTE: Quests that require Elixir use (like Drakuru’s Elixir) allow for only ONE USE of the elixir per quest. Extra uses of the Elixir will RED FLAG you.
- Your Killing Blow / Total Kills percentage must be 75% or higher. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- Kills that grant Experience or Honor must be past a certain threshold: 10 kills / Level up until Level 10 and then
(Level * 0.25) + Floor(Level / 20) for Level 11+… cumulative. At Level 10, you need 100 kills; Level 30 you need 213.5 kills; Level 110 you will need 1867.5 kills.
- Cannot join a party, raid or group with the intent of getting help to further yourself in the challenge.
- This means you CANNOT send yourself gold, bags, gear, whatever to assist in the challenge.
- Using mage portals or warlock summons is not allowed.
- No dungeons, raids, arenas, or battlegrounds allowed.
- Joining a guild is OKAY, however, you cannot use Guild Repairs or the guild bank to assist your character in any way.
- Leveling via Pet Battles is not allowed.
- Cannot boost your character.
- No food buffs or other external buffs are allowed.
- Class abilities, racials and personal buffs (eg. Kings if you’re a Paladin, healthstones for warlocks, mage portals for mages) are okay!
- One exception: Monk XP buff is not allowed.
- No Refer-a-Friend or other XP-boosting activites, gear or buffs (Darkmoon Faire, Heirlooms, Garrison potion, etc). Yes, this includes Monk’s XP buff: not allowed.
- All Mounts (including Heirloom and Mount Equipment) and Account-wide abilities (Toys) are allowed.
- Draenor Specific Rules
- Flying in Draenor: Allowed.
- Garrisons: NOT ALLOWED (requires quests to open).
- Zone Outposts: NOT ALLOWED (requires quests to open).
- Legion Specific Rules
- Artifact Weapon is not white or grey: NOT ALLOWED.
- Flying in Legion: Allowed.
- Legion Intro Skipping: Allowed.
- Using Champions as bodyguards: NOT Allowed.
- Using Class Order Hall “Upgrades”: NOT Allowed.
- Battle for Azeroth Specific Rules
- Heart of Azeroth: NOT ALLOWED. (Completing quest auto-equips Heart and will red-flag you)
- War Mode: ALLOWED. A death via PvP still counts as a death.
- War Mode PvP TALENTS: NOT ALLOWED.
- First Aid bandages are allowed to be purchased from the Auction House.
- Azerite Armor: NOT ALLOWED.
- Research “Upgrades”: NOT ALLOWED.
- Island Expeditions: NOT ALLOWED.
- Battle for Lordaeron Scenario Skipping: Allowed.