Working Man Challenge Rules
This is a variant on the original Iron Challenge. Challengers are allowed to take any professions and complete any quests associated with those professions.
Have a question about the rules? Check out our FAQ.
- Do Not Die! – the most important rule of the challenge. Break this rule and your character
will get moved to the Honoured Dead section.
- No gear higher than White quality. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No enchantments on your gear (DK Rune Empowerment is an exception as it is a class skill).
Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- NEW!!! Green+ Tabards and Shirts will now get you RED FLAGGED.
Tabards and shirts are no longer ignored. We understand Worgen Hunters, Rogues and Warriors have a green Gilnean shirt auto-equipped at character creation. These are okay. DO NOT
remove the shirt if you have specifically rolled this race-class or you will be flagged.
- Talents are ALLOWED.
- Talent point resets are allowed.
- Skills you have from your class (like Warlock Healthstones or Death Knight weapon enchants) ARE ALLOWED.
- Spec changes are allowed.
- Character needs to be added to Working Man List by Level 20 otherwise you will not be able to.
- All Professions allowed – including Secondary Professions.
- You must have at least one profession by Level 21 or you will be RED FLAGGED.
- No, you CANNOT equip gear created from your professions if they break the gear quality.
- No ELIXIRS, Potions or Flasks used.
We also check for Healthstones used if you are not a Warlock. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Your Killing Blow / Total Kills percentage must be 75% or higher. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- Cannot join a party, raid or group with the intent of getting help to further yourself in the challenge.
- This means you CANNOT send yourself gold, bags, gear, whatever to assist in the challenge.
- No dungeons, raids, world bosses, arenas, or battlegrounds allowed.
- Joining a guild is OKAY, however, you cannot use Guild Repairs or the guild bank to assist your character in any way.
- Leveling via Pet Battles is NOT ALLOWED.
- Cannot boost your character.
- No food buffs or other external buffs are allowed. Class abilities, racials and personal buffs (eg. Kings if you’re a Paladin) are okay!
- No Refer-a-Friend or other XP-boosting activites, gear or buffs (Darkmoon Faire, Heirlooms, Garrison potion, etc). Yes, this includes Monk’s XP buff: NOT ALLOWED.
- All Mounts (including Heirloom and Mount Equipment) and Account-wide abilities (Toys) are ALLOWED.
- Draenor Specific Rules
- Flying in Draenor: Allowed.
- All Follower Missions: Allowed. (Yes, even the XP ones)
- Mining and Herb Garden use in the Garrison is allowed. Use at your own risk.
- Buildings: All Allowed EXCEPT for:
- Barracks Level 2 or higher: NOT ALLOWED (no Bodyguards)
- Shipyard: Allowed
- Garrison Outposts / Zone-Wide Perks:
- Frostfire/Shadowmoon: Allowed.
- Gorgrond: Allowed.
- Talador: Allowed.
- Spires of Arak: Brewery NOT ALLOWED due to passive XP bonus. Smuggling Run is allowed
- Nagrand: Allowed.
- Legion Specific Rules
- Artifact Weapon is not white or grey: NOT ALLOWED.
- Flying in Legion: ALLOWED.
- Legion Intro Skipping: ALLOWED.
- Using Champions as bodyguards: NOT ALLOWED.
- Using Class Order Hall “Upgrades”: NOT ALLOWED.
- Battle for Azeroth Specific Rules
- Heart of Azeroth: NOT ALLOWED. (Completing quest auto-equips Heart and will red-flag you)
- War Mode: ALLOWED. A death via PvP still counts as a death.
- War Mode PvP TALENTS: NOT ALLOWED.
- Azerite Armor: NOT ALLOWED.
- Research “Upgrades”: NOT ALLOWED.
- Island Expeditions: NOT ALLOWED.
- Battle for Lordaeron Scenario Skipping: ALLOWED.
- Shadowlands Specific Rules
- Exile’s Reach: NOT ALLOWED.
- Chromie Time: ALLOWED.
- Covenants: ALLOWED.
- Soulbinds and Conduits: NOT ALLOWED.
- Threads of Fate: ALLOWED.
- Torghast: NOT ALLOWED.
- Maw Skip: ALLOWED.
- Dragonflight Specific Rules