Shirt & Tabard rules for all challenges have changed. Only white or grey (green for Blood Thirsty) shirts & tabards allowed.
Cosmetic exception gear is also no longer allowed and will get you flagged (green is okay for Blood Thirsty).
Pacifist Challenge Rules
Get to max-level without killing anything. Significant differences from the Iron Man are:
- No killing is allowed (sort of... see below).
- All professions are allowed.
Have a question about the rules? Check out our FAQ.
- Do Not Die! - the most important rule of the challenge. Break this rule and your character
will get moved to the Honoured Dead section.
No killing allowed. Sort of...
- You are allowed up to TEN kills if there are NO Killing Blows. You will remain green-flagged in this situation.
- If you have ten or less kills AND one or two Killing Blows you will be Yellow-Flagged.
- If you have ten or less less kills and three or more Killing Blows you will be Red-Flagged.
- If you have more than ten kills you will be Red-Flagged.
- No gear higher than White quality. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No enchantments on your gear (DK Rune Empowerment is an exception as it is a class skill).
Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- NEW!!! Green+ Tabards and Shirts will now get you RED FLAGGED.
Tabards and shirts are no longer ignored.
- No Talents allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- Skills you have from your class (like Warlock Healthstones or Death Knight weapon enchants) ARE ALLOWED since
these are available to your class without having to pick a talent, spec or glyph.
- Spec changes are allowed.
- Glyphs are allowed as they are now visual / cosmetic effects.
- Professions ARE allowed, however, just because you have Skinning doesn't mean you get to break the killing rule.
- No Potions or Flasks used. We also check for Healthstones used if you are not a Warlock. Break this rule and
your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Elixirs (except those that count as elixirs for quests). Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- PLEASE NOTE: Quests that require Elixir use (like Drakuru's Elixir) allow for only ONE USE of the elixir per quest. Extra uses of the Elixir will RED FLAG you.
- Cannot join a party, raid or group with the intent of getting help to further yourself in the challenge.
- This means you CANNOT send yourself gold, bags, gear, whatever to assist in the challenge.
- No dungeons, raids, arenas, or battlegrounds allowed.
- Joining a guild is OKAY, however, you cannot use Guild Repairs or the guild bank to assist your character in any way.
- Leveling via Pet Battles is not allowed.
- Cannot boost your character.
- No food buffs or other external buffs are allowed. Class abilities, racials and personal buffs (eg. Kings if you're a Paladin) are okay!
- No Refer-a-Friend or other XP-boosting activites, gear or buffs (Darkmoon Faire, Heirlooms, Garrison potion, etc). Yes, this includes Monk's XP buff: not allowed.
- All Mounts (including Heirloom, Water-walking and Repair) and Account-wide abilities (Toys) are allowed.
- Draenor Specific Rules
- Flying in Draenor: Allowed.
- All Follower Missions: Allowed. (Yes, even the XP ones)
- Mining and Herb Garden use in the Garrison is allowed. Use at your own risk.
- Buildings: All Allowed EXCEPT for:
- Barracks Level 2 or higher: NOT ALLOWED (no Bodyguards)
- Shipyard: Allowed
- Garrison Outposts / Zone-Wide Perks:
- Gorgrond: Allowed.
- Talador: Allowed.
- Spires of Arak: Brewery NOT ALLOWED due to passive XP bonus. Smuggling Run is allowed
- Nagrand: Allowed.
- Legion Specific Rules
- Artifact Weapon is not white or grey: NOT ALLOWED.
- Flying in Legion: Allowed.
- Legion Intro Skipping: Allowed.
- Using Champions as bodyguards: NOT Allowed.
- Using Class Order Hall "Upgrades": NOT Allowed.
© 2017 James Young @ WoW Challenges. Not affiliated with Blizzard.
Iron Man concept by Ironbraids & wowironman.com site by David Cassagrande.