Tin Man Challenge Rules
This is a variant of the Iron Man that allows you to get your feet wet before trying Iron Man. Significant differences from the Iron Man are:
- Deaths are allowed (They're used for sorting purposes).
- Talents are allowed.
- Potion use is allowed.
- Food Buffs are allowed.
Have a question about the rules? Check out our FAQ.
- Deaths - If you die, it's not great but it doesn't mean the challenge is over.
Characters of the same level will be ranked by deaths (least amount of deaths higher).
- To LIST your character, you must be green-flagged as per the Tin Challenge Rules and abide by these restrictions.
- If you have never died, your character must be between Level 10 - 30 and not be listed for the Iron Challenge.
- If you have died, your character can be any level (Dead Irons can join the Tin list).
- No gear higher than White quality. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No enchantments on your gear (DK Rune Empowerment is an exception as it is a class skill).
Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- All Shirts are allowed.
- All Tabards are allowed.
- Talents and Specs are ALLOWED.
- No Primary Professions allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Secondary Professions allowed EXCEPT FIRST AID. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- Healing Potions, Mana Potions and Healthstones are ALLOWED.
- Flasks are NOT ALLOWED. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Elixirs (except those that count as elixirs for quests). Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- PLEASE NOTE: Quests that require Elixir use (like Drakuru's Elixir) allow for only ONE USE of the elixir per quest. Extra uses of the Elixir will RED FLAG you. I
CANNOT CHANGE THIS. USE ELIXIRS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your Killing Blow / Total Kills percentage must be 75% or higher. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- Cannot join a party, raid or group with the intent of getting help to further yourself in the challenge.
- No Vanilla, TBC or Cataclysm dungeons or raids completed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Wrath, Pandaria, Warlords or Legion dungeon or raid bosses killed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Battlegrounds or Arenas allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- Guild use is comlpetely okay.
- Leveling via Pet Battles is not allowed.
- Cannot boost your character.
- Food buffs & External buffs are allowed (except XP buffs - including Monk's XP buff)
- No Refer-a-Friend or other XP-boosting activites, gear or buffs (Darkmoon Faire, Heirlooms, Garrison potion, etc). Yes, this includes Monk's XP buff: not allowed.
- All Mounts (including Heirloom, Water-walking and Repair) and Account-wide abilities (Toys) are allowed.
- Draenor Specific Rules
- Flying in Draenor: Allowed.
- All Follower Missions: Allowed. (Yes, even the XP ones)
- Mining and Herb Garden use in the Garrison is allowed. Use at your own risk.
- Buildings: All Allowed EXCEPT for:
- Barracks Level 2 or higher: NOT ALLOWED (no Bodyguards)
- Shipyard: Allowed
- Garrison Outposts / Zone-Wide Perks:
- Gorgrond: Allowed.
- Talador: Allowed.
- Spires of Arak: Brewery NOT ALLOWED due to passive XP bonus. Smuggling Run is allowed
- Nagrand: Allowed.
- Legion Specific Rules
- Flying in Legion: Allowed.
- Legion Intro Skipping: Allowed.
- Using Champions as bodyguards: NOT Allowed.
- Using Class Order Hall "Upgrades": NOT Allowed.
© 2017 James Young @ WoW Challenges. Not affiliated with Blizzard.
Iron Man concept by Ironbraids & wowironman.com site by David Cassagrande.