Shirt & Tabard rules for all challenges have changed. Only white or grey (green for Blood Thirsty) shirts & tabards allowed.
Cosmetic exception gear is also no longer allowed and will get you flagged (green is okay for Blood Thirsty).
Iron Man Challenge Rules
The original challenge continues to be extremely difficult.
Have a question about the rules? Check out our FAQ.
- Do Not Die! - the most important rule of the challenge. Break this rule and your character
will get moved to the Honoured Dead section.
- No gear higher than White quality. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No enchantments on your gear (DK Rune Empowerment is an exception as it is a class skill).
Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- NEW!!! Green+ Tabards and Shirts will now get you RED FLAGGED.
Tabards and shirts are no longer ignored. We understand Worgen Hunters, Rogues and Warriors have a green Gilnean shirt auto-equipped at character creation. These are okay. DO NOT
remove the shirt if you have specifically rolled this race-class or you will be flagged.
- No Talents allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- Skills you have from your class (like Warlock Healthstones or Death Knight weapon enchants) ARE ALLOWED since
these are available to your class without having to pick a talent.
- Spec changes are allowed.
- No Primary Professions allowed. Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Secondary Professions allowed EXCEPT FIRST AID. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- No Potions or Flasks used. We also check for Healthstones used if you are not a Warlock. Break this rule and
your character is RED FLAGGED.
- No Elixirs (except those that count as elixirs for quests). Break this rule and your character is RED FLAGGED.
- PLEASE NOTE: Quests that require Elixir use (like Drakuru's Elixir) allow for only ONE USE of the elixir per quest. Extra uses of the Elixir will RED FLAG you. I
CANNOT CHANGE THIS. USE ELIXIRS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your Killing Blow / Total Kills percentage must be 75% or higher. Break this rule and your character is Yellow Flagged.
- Cannot join a party, raid or group with the intent of getting help to further yourself in the challenge.
- This means you CANNOT send yourself gold, bags, gear, whatever to assist in the challenge.
- No dungeons, raids, arenas, or battlegrounds allowed.
- Joining a guild is OKAY, however, you cannot use Guild Repairs or the guild bank to assist your character in any way.
- Leveling via Pet Battles is not allowed.
- Cannot boost your character.
- No food buffs or other external buffs are allowed. Class abilities, racials and personal buffs (eg. Kings if you're a Paladin) are okay!
- No Refer-a-Friend or other XP-boosting activites, gear or buffs (Darkmoon Faire, Heirlooms, Garrison potion, etc). Yes, this includes Monk's XP buff: not allowed.
- All Mounts (including Heirloom, Water-walking and Repair) and Account-wide abilities (Toys) are allowed.
- Draenor Specific Rules
- Flying in Draenor: Allowed.
- All Follower Missions: Allowed. (Yes, even the XP ones)
- Mining and Herb Garden use in the Garrison is allowed. Use at your own risk.
- Buildings: All Allowed EXCEPT for:
- Barracks Level 2 or higher: NOT ALLOWED (no Bodyguards)
- Shipyard: Allowed
- Garrison Outposts / Zone-Wide Perks:
- Gorgrond: Allowed.
- Talador: Allowed.
- Spires of Arak: Brewery NOT ALLOWED due to passive XP bonus. Smuggling Run is allowed
- Nagrand: Allowed.
- Legion Specific Rules
- Artifact Weapon is not white or grey: NOT ALLOWED.
- Flying in Legion: Allowed.
- Legion Intro Skipping: Allowed.
- Using Champions as bodyguards: NOT Allowed.
- Using Class Order Hall "Upgrades": NOT Allowed.
© 2017 James Young @ WoW Challenges. Not affiliated with Blizzard.
Iron Man concept by Ironbraids & wowironman.com site by David Cassagrande.